Grind On Demand Barista Academy
For people who are looking to brew coffee at home and people who want to make better coffee at home.
Students learn about the equipment needed to brew coffee and how to brew good coffee on both a domestic espresso machine and through manual brewing methods (French Press, V60 and Aeropress).
Duration: 3 hours
Class size: 4 people
Students will learn:
- What coffee is and how it is produced, sourced and roasted
- How to buy the right coffee for your preferred methods of preparation
- Why it is better to use fresh ground coffee compared to pre-ground
- Which domestic machines are better and why
- Learn to follow a brew recipe and why we have brew recipes
- How to dial in a domestic grinder for different types of brewing methods (hand grinder and automatic)
- Learn proper espresso technique
- Learn how to create an espresso on a domestic espresso machine
- Learn how to steam milk on a domestic machine
- How to clean the machine and grinder
- How to adjust in a domestic grinder for different types of brewing methods (hand grinder and automatic)
- Learn to use a few different types of manual brewers (Moka Pot, French Press, Aeropress and V60)
- How to brew cold brew
COVID NOTICE - We are running our classes again, however we are changing our training format to allow for smaller class numbers. We will also implementing operational processes for the safety of our students and class instructors (hand sanitiser, facilities cleaning, pre-class checks). If you have any queries in regards to this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions - Training School
In the event of a class booking cancellation we will refund 75% of the class fee. If a cancellation is within 48 hours of the class the booking fee is non-refundable. Requests to move to a different class date are considered cancellations and the same terms apply. There is a required minimum of 3 students for a class to run. If a class does not get the required students we will be in contact to offer a new class date or a complete refund. Participants in the classes must be over the age of 16. The classes, unless otherwise specified, are run on premises at Delano Specialty Coffee, 85 Montague St, North Wollongong, NSW, 2500. Delano general terms of sale apply.