Grind On Demand Barista Academy
For people who are looking to break into the industry or baristas who want to pick up some new skills.
Students learn about what coffee is and where it comes from, the basics of espresso and some basic latte art.
Duration: 3 hours
Class size: 4
Students will learn:
- What coffee is and where it comes from
- The journey it takes from the farm to our cup
- How and why we roast coffee
- The difference between blends and single origins
- How to use a commercial espresso machine and grinder
- The correct technique while making coffee
- How to adjust and dial in an espresso machine and grinder
- How to follow a brew recipe
- How to consistently texture milk using a steam wand
- How to pour basic latte art
- How to texture different types of milk
- How to make different types of coffees
- How to properly clean the equipment
COVID NOTICE - We are running our classes again, however we are changing our training format to allow for smaller class numbers. We will also implementing operational processes for the safety of our students and class instructors (hand sanitiser, facilities cleaning, pre-class checks). If you have any queries in regards to this please email us at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions - Training School
In the event of a class booking cancellation we will refund 75% of the class fee. If a cancellation is within 48 hours of the class the booking fee is non-refundable. Requests to move to a different class date are considered cancellations and the same terms apply. There is a required minimum of 3 students for a class to run. If a class does not get the required students we will be in contact to offer a new class date or a complete refund. Participants in the classes must be over the age of 16. The classes, unless otherwise specified, are run on premises at Delano Specialty Coffee, 85 Montague St, North Wollongong, NSW, 2500. Delano general terms of sale apply.